- a) Pianos in the market are normally divided into new pianos, old pianos and keyboards. The key factors to consider when choosing a piano are
- I. The age of the student
- II. The student’s piano grade
- III. How much you intend to invest in it.
- b) Is a student is below 6 years of age and isn’t very tall, we recommend choosing an electronic piano (the volume cannot be too low, and the feel of the keyboard needs to be close to a piano.)
- c) If a student is beginning to learn the piano and is over the age of 6, we recommend choosing a normal piano, because children these days cannot fully comprehend the true desire to learn how to play the piano.A normal piano is enough to fulfil the needs of a student from the initial to the middle stages. Starting from Grade 5 and above, we recommend using a Grand piano. This is because the pieces for these grades require a lot of flexibility and emphasize more on the dynamics.
- d) It depends on an individual’s needs as well as their budget.